Because Art Should be Play and Not Work

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sandro Botticelli

Botticelli is the next artist in Studying under the Masters. I love his paintings-who could not-all those beautiful faces. The first page in my art journal is a drawing with colored pencils of him.
 In the lower corner are some buttons of Venus: printed on silk. I've had these buttons forever and decided this was the place they should go. Next is the second page in my journal. I've interspersed my little paintings with printouts of Botticelli paintings. I tried several times to do a side facing portrait and it is so hard--so I just let Botticelli speak for himself on that one!!
And finally I reworked an older painting to give her a more Botticelli look-variation on one of the goddess of spring in the Primavera painting.
And then on a completely different subject, I have several new little watercolor and ink sketches of birds.

14 comments:

teri flemal said...

You've done a fabulous job with these faces, Janet! I agree that Botticelli is an incredible inspiration. He would have been a superstar to any era.

bockel24 said...

very lovely, Janet! I´ve always been a fan of Botticelli, and your paintings look like you´ve had much fun with them.

Marilyn J. Rock said...

Your art, here, is stunning! Love your Botticelli creations! You're really doing great with this class.

Love your birds, too! xo

Monica said...

Botticelli is the perfect artist for you Janet. you are a perfect fit for that world.lovely work. i thought I had seen this before especially the birds.

martinealison said...

Un travail magnifique... Je pense que lorsque vous ĂȘtes une grande passionnĂ©e de Botticelli et cela se sent dans vos jolies oeuvres.
Gros bisous

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Your old masters are wonderful, but your birdies get me every time. xox

JackieP Neal said...

Janet- I simply love the art you are creating with this master's class!! Your women are sooo beautiful and I see you are starting to develop your own signature with your faces- how awesome is that! And i love your birdies , but adore that Chicken!! A gal after me own heart!! love and hugs

JackieP Neal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joanna said...

I'm loving all these birds you're making!!
xoxo

Lee Hynes said...

What a great creative journey you are on, I see you haven't lost your MUSE.I still cant paint or craft. I hope it comes back one day. Fabulous work!

Lee Hynes said...

What a great creative journey you are on, I see you haven't lost your MUSE.I still cant paint or craft. I hope it comes back one day. Fabulous work!

Lee Hynes said...

What a great creative journey you are on, I see you haven't lost your MUSE.I still cant paint or craft. I hope it comes back one day. Fabulous work!

Annette said...

Hi Janet, love seeing your Masters work. Looks like to me you are doing awesome and the buttons are perfect there. Of course the little birdies are wonderful I know fun to do also. Hugs and have a wonderful Easter you two. xoxoox

Danielle M said...

Very nice paintings and sketches!