Because Art Should be Play and Not Work

Friday, May 9, 2014

Tribal woman

A new painting. She is a compilation of several different photos so doesn't represent any particular group of people. I love the way the stenciling before the painting looks like tatoos on her chest. I love painting these tribal people. And then of course, the continuing series of birds.
I think this might be an indigo bunting-I need to go to my bird book.
Two little lovey parrots
A hummingbird in flight-not really fond of this one
This looks like a parakeet-the way the head and beak and back feathers look, but it is the wrong colors for a parakeet, so I think it might be a wild form of parakeet. anyone know?

10 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Your tribal woman has fab markings on her face and neck. Real depth to her. xox

Marilyn J. Rock said...

I love your tribal woman! Fantastic patterns! Your birds are incredible! xo

Patty said...

The painted patterns-such a strong
element!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! I love your tribal woman. (Great Tattoo!) Your birds are so happy and colorful too. Are they birds that you see or do you refer to pictures?

JackieP Neal said...

Janet, I really love your tribal women- do you think you will have a series like your birds? I particularly like the deep background of this one-your woman stands out so beautifully from it!
Your birds are wonderful- and yes, that is a blue bunting! We saw one last year! Incredible! If I can snap a good photo of our Orioles and Wood Duck, I'm sending them off to you for reference! Happy Mother's Day to you! xo

teri flemal said...

I love all things tribal and I'm enjoying your tribal paintings very much!

Pia Rom said...

Wow what an amazing portrait Janet!! Wonderful the night sky and the colors and light in the figure!! Really love this one <3 your birds are very cute :) ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling

Kelly_Deal said...

Beautiful art Janet!

Palma said...

Beautiful paintings! They are so colourful and energetic.

Palma said...

Beautiful paintings! They are so colourful and energetic.