Because Art Should be Play and Not Work

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Francoise de Felice

Francoise de Felice is a current artist one we studied in the Studying Under the Masters class. She has been influenced by the French impressionists and by Sicilian baroque. Her paintings have a muted, soft look and many times have two figures in them. On the left of this journal page are photocopies of  two of her paintings and on the right my painted copy of one of hers.
This is the opposite page in my large journal and is a copy I made of one of her paintings.
This is my original piece based on what I learned in the class about her paintings. I enjoy looking at her paintings, but not so much painting in this style. I did enjoy the challenge of putting two entwined figures in the painting. And finally
I added a fold out page with other information about Francoise de Felice. I found these fashion illustrations in "W" magazine which looked very much like her paintings.

8 comments:

JackieP Neal said...

Janet, your paintings are so lovely!!I especially love your girls entwined- you sure have captured her style in all of your pieces!! Well done my friend! xo

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Marvelous softness to this work Janet. You always seems to be reaching out and trying new things. Bravo. xox

Monica said...

The colors are very you Janet as I often think you capture a dreamy quality.

teri F said...

You always inspire me, Janet. Lovely. Is this from the first Studying Under the Masters session?

denthe said...

I love the warm colours you used .... Never heard of this artist, but her work looks wonderful. As you say: a very soft look to her paintings. And you managed to capture that well!

Sue Marrazzo said...

PRETTY COOL!!!!!!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What beautiful colors!

Pia Rom said...

Your paintings are increbible sweet! All those fresh colors and flowers! Francoise´s paintings looks very promising, I can´t wait to study her ;) ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling