Because Art Should be Play and Not Work

Friday, October 17, 2014

Imaginative Painting

A little more than a year ago I belonged to a group run by Jeanette House and several times a month we did a type of painting called 'paint what you see".

This process involved putting down lots of paint using stencils, different types of brushes and strokes and then "looking" at your finished page to see what images you could find. It was great fun and I started making a book out of the pages I made.

 I finally finished my book and following are the rest if the pages from the book. Their are lots of photos here. The story is that they first met at a dance, then they married and acquired a rather cute little dog. They are fast asleep in their bed while dreaming of (if not sugarplums--many interesting things) drift through their heads.











I had so much fun making this book!!

12 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful artwork! It is such a great feeling to finish a project! (I have quite a few unfinished ones myself.) :)

Arlene said...

These pages are so beautiful, Janet. It's great to see you are still creating beauty through your art. xoxo

Rita A. said...

I Love how you have a story behind the paintings. These are great. I'd sure like to see one before you come up with the vision in it. Thank you, so much, for sharing!

Lori Wostl said...

I have been away a long time and it is great to come back to your beautiful, friendly and fun art. Love seeing it.

peggy gatto said...

I love each one, REALLY!!!

JackieP Neal said...

omgosh Janet, this is fabulous! Your pages are beautiful as is your story- the colors and designs are delightful- each one! and I love the process that you used to create this! Well done! hugs

Jan said...

This is fabulous! I love how different each one is and how you experiment so much with various elements: color, stencils, texture, visual content. You might consider submitting this to one of the magazines such as Somerset Studios Stampington or art Journaling. I think each page is a work of art in itself. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Lorena said...

Janet, I loved hearing about your process! Your pages--each and every one of them--is AMAZING! Only you see these fabulous images hiding in the layers of paint and stencils you put down and then weave them into a story! Great work!!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Mermaids, foxes, peacocks and some cool folks. Love how you ran with this. xox

Monica said...

The imagery is so beautiful and the stories that go with them delightful and all in vivid color. you express yourself so well and the images are full of lovely thoughts and ideas.

Holly Loves Art said...

Wonderful artwork! Really love the peacock piece! Happy Sunday.

denthe said...

And it's so much fun looking at it too! Love these pages, especially the first two. So colourful and interesting.