Because Art Should be Play and Not Work

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Nature Sketching

I started a sketchbook devoted solely to all things in the natural world and I have also discovered how satisfying it is to put these things into little frames.
Interesting pods that I copied from a botanical book.
Shells from my shell collection.
Succulents and cactus-more fun to look at than they are to draw.
Some floral designs--not sure if I will color all of these in or just leave them in black and white.

12 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

What an excellent idea Janet!
I love the framing of them too. Those oak leaves are truely beautiful!

joanna said...

I Love theses sketches, Janet!!the sea shells are so pretty and you've done a great job with the details.
xoxo

teri F said...

The shading adds so much dimension!

Jan said...

These are great, I love the little framed pieces. Do you use watercolors or pens to color these or what? Very nice and a good idea.

loveofcollage said...

love your sketches happy autumn

Pia Rom said...

Janet, your scetches are stunning!! My favorite are the seeds and pots..love the b&w contrasts! ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling

Rita A. said...

I love how you are doing this. Simple and yet enchanting.

♥ tinyWOOLF ♥ said...

i often get that too, shall i leave as is, or colour things in? they are different perceptions, for sure. love your sketchbook already... n♥

Linda said...

These are just great...suitable for framing in little frames.

Lisa Graham Art said...

Hi Janet,

your sketches are awesome...so detailed. They really do look nice with frames drawn around them.

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog.

Have a great rest of the week!

Monica said...

Like what you are doing very like some of the journal classes advocate, to draw everyday thing. They are truly lovely.

JackieP Neal said...

I always love your journal sketches- I especially love those uncolored seashells! Wonderful!