Because Art Should be Play and Not Work

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Keeping on...


Alberto Morrocco is another artist that I stumbled across online. I love his color choices and his subject matter. he was born in Scotland, but many of his paintings are of the beach and set around the Mediterranean. He was influenced by Picasso. Here are a couple of journal pages I made about his art.

I think my favorite painting is the woman with the chicken, followed by the woman in white with the sunflowers.

4 comments:

Barbara Casillas said...

Thanks for sharing another "new" artist. So much to learn from seeing other's work. The woman with the chicken really has a Picasso quality. The woman with the flowers is my favorite. I like the combination of colors and how the white enhances them.

Sharon P. said...

DUH...guess I can comment on your blog now. I don't know when that change happened, but I'm glad it did.

It goes without saying that I really enjoy your posts because I love seeing how you express your creativity! It is always wonderful!

JackieP Neal said...

Janet, Fabulous vignettes of Morrocco's work!
I have to agree with you, the woman with chicken is a favorite!!But I do like the character with the pointy hat too!! hugs

Pia Rom said...

What an amazing artist, Janet!! My fav is the clown and the girl with the melon on her head ;) I am off to google his work, hehe ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling