Because Art Should be Play and Not Work

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I'm really not a slacker!!

I have been making art--just not posting. I've been doing some drawings from photographs of tribal peoples.
I love this little girl carrying the kitty on her back. I used colored pencils on this one.


This man from India. Looking at the photo with the smudges of color-I think maybe he was caught up in the celebration where the colored dyes are tossed around. I also used colored pencil on this one.


This woman from Tibet. Isn't she wonderful! I am pretty sure that isn't blush on her cheeks-but her cheeks are chapped from the cold!
The following drawings are not completely finished or colored in yet, but here they are:




This last one is a little smaller than I would have liked, but I am particularly happy that I got her arm and hand right!! I'll post these unfinished ones again when I have finally finished.

7 comments:

Bea said...

I'm trying to follow you again. I hope it works this time. Love your drawing, maybe you can inspire me this summer...bea

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful drawings Janet- you`ve captured their essence and added even more!

Arlene said...

Nice portraits, Janet! Glad to see you are still drawing and painting.

JackieP Neal said...

Absolutely Stunning!!! Your portraiture-s are each gorgeous Janet!
I too love that little girl, but I have to admit I would be pressed to picked an absolute favorite as they are all so beautiful- you really have this style dialed in Janet! hugs

Barbara Casillas said...

You really have been creating. Your drawings are wonderful. Hands and faces are so difficult for me.
My favorite is the second from the last. Looking forward to the finished pieces, especially with all the vibrant colors.

Holly Loves Art said...

BEAUTIFUL work. Love seeing all your creativity.

Marilou said...

I just love these Janet!
Hugs Marilou