Because Art Should be Play and Not Work

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Part two North Carolina--and this is a good one--blind contour drawings!! plus more...

I decided that it would be fun to make blind contour drawings of everyone at the retreat. For those of you who don't know--when you make a blind contour drawing, you are not allowed to look at your paper--only the person or thing you are drawing and your pencil or pen in this case must not lift off the page until you are finished. Above--yours truly. I asked each person to pose for me and then took their photo after. A couple of photos I took didn't turn out, so I had to substitute, but for the most part thy were taken right after. We had a lot of laughs over the contour drawings.
So--following are the pages I did for my travel journal--each page includes the contour drawing I did at the retreat plus a photo of the real person and their fairy page.
WARNING:: some of these drawings may frighten you and of course the real people look way better, but they are sooo much fun to make!!

Pam
Hope

 Monica

Lisa

Celia

 Xio

Anna

Bea

Lorena
Lori

Teri


Arlene

Robin


Stay tuned for Part three.....

12 comments:

teri F said...

Janet, you are just so darned creative. I adore what you did here and I'd love to incorporate these into a book I'm making if you don't mind. We need one for you! Did you do one or do we froupies need to make it?

teri F said...

Hold the presses. Just looked back and saw yours was first up. We just need to write your summary. :-)

Bea said...

You are so right - these were fun to pose for and to compare...b

Monica said...

commented on FB. All these multiple sites confuse me I need one post for all. Very good pages Janet, veerry good journal.

Lee Hynes said...

Just Fabulous!

Marilou said...

Oh Janet those are hilarious, what Fun!!
Thanks for sharing, it must have been a time to remember for sure!
Hugs Marilou

Palma said...

Those are so much fun

JackieP Neal said...

OMGosh!!! Hahaaa
Jant, what a great idea!! And how ridiculously funny are these! I have to admit,a few are pretty close, but poor Anna's eye left her face!! teehee
Let the journey continue, I am having a ball reading and veiwing about it!
xo

Lorena said...

Janet, I am loving reading your impressions of everyone! I think you really nailed it! The snippets you selected take me right back to the week we spent together in Asheville. Great memories!

Jan said...

These are really quite fascinating. Picasso-like.

Elizabeth Golden said...

These remind me of Picasso.
What fun!

Mary Ann said...

bravo!!! clapping. these are fantastic