Because Art Should be Play and Not Work

Monday, February 13, 2017

Whatever happenedd to 2016?

I have been absent for awhile. Life just got in the way. I have been making art all along, so in the next few weeks I will get you caught up on all the new paintings. I think this week I will start with the Babushkas. First up is "Babushka on a Bicycle".


She looks very determined doesn't she and I love the baby babushka with her kite!

She was so much fun to make that another babushka seemed to be order. I named this next one "Babushka Tiptoes through the Tulips" for obvious reasons.


I love the baby babushka. I think there are more babushkas in my future!

7 comments:

Bea said...

Missed you. Love your colors...

Annette said...

What fun and you have been busy. Lots of fun gong on here and I agree what happened to 2016 ?

Barbara Casillas said...

So nice to see your art work again. I love your style. It is so distinct. If I went to a gallery, I would immediately know which one was a Janet Ghio.

Marilou said...

Wow Janet I love these too, I think I need to go back to just arting and blogging!!
Hugs Marilou

Jackie P Neal said...

Oh Janet, welcome back friend! I've missed reading your posts and oooing and aaaaing over your wonderful artwork!I absolutely Love the babushka's!and I wish my folks were here to see these, I know they would love them as well!
Your new blog look is fab,love the background!
Looking forward to more of your art- welcome back!
hugs & love,Jackie

Walkstallwoman said...

I add an 'amen" to the above comments. Missed your postings and hope we can look forward to more this year.
Your "babuska" series is one I can relate to. The women in my mother's family wore babuska's to church and my maternal grandmother
Was called "Babushka". While I have only a vague remembrance of her, a smile was my reaction to your wonderful drawings, at that
Remembrance.

Giggles said...

Oh my goodness your characters are amazing!!! I just LOVE your style so much! Wonderful blog!!

Hugs Giggles